Sunday, January 15, 2012

An Introduction

As with most young folks, when I first finished college and had my first "real" job I spent every penny I earned. From my very first splurge on Dior cosmetics, to my first ever diamond ring. The thought that I could purchase anything that I ever wanted, was (and still kind of is) spectacular to me.

Mind you, I have done a great deal of reading and I've figured out how to save. It was not an easy feat or a fun one for that matter, but it is something that we all need to learn how to do. The sooner that you learn how to organize and manage your personal finances, the better; however we aren't all perfect and sometimes people spend their entire lives living pay check to pay check. Fortunately for me, I have realized that is not the lifestyle I want to follow and I have smartened up.

Now that I've moved out of my moms house, I have realized how expensive everyday things really are. As much as I would love to purchase everything I see, I have also realized that I can't do that anymore because now I have to pay rent, cell phone, groceries, toiletries, tuition, transportation costs and other expenses.

 Through this blog, I will be writing about my own personal experiences trying to make it through going back to college, working as much as possible, living on very little and trying to save a few pennies at the same time.

I hope that through my experiences, that others may learn a thing or two. Or I could learn a little more, through comments and advice from others.

Thanks for reading,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment